You know the room of the house that ends up being the “catch all”, well that is my office.
I know you have one too!
When we built our house I was hell bent on having a dining room, “we’ll use it” I kept telling my husband. Fast forward 7 years, & the dining room had been used maybe a dozen times.
I began my own design business, so we decided to sell the dining room furniture and have it become my home office. It has worked out well, but everything and I mean everything in our home, that has no home, ends up in there and it’s not a pretty sight, especially since you see this room from all angles.
I had the walls covered in Eco Chic, branches
We purchased a chocolate stained oak sideboard with plenty of storage for papers and fabric remnants,
along with this desk with the high gloss top and stained oak legs
We moved the 2 black Barcelona chairs in there from the living room for seating and got a black and white hide for the floor, sounds nice right?
We’ll here is how it looks, 99% of the time.
I have a new plan and it goes like this,
1) clear ALL crap out of the utility side of the basement – CHECK- we very easily filled an entire dumpster with junk from the garage and basement.
2) make a pretty sewing area, using the office desk and shelves we already have – for me
3) make a much nicer music mixing space – for the hubs
4) turn the home office into a family room for all to enjoy!
5) do a switch-a-roo with the living room area rug & the office hide
6) move the sideboard to it’s opposite wall, with a small tv
Here is what I have in mind
This really only involves moving our existing furniture around from different areas in the house.
Also, we will need purchase loveseat and 2 IKEA Malm 3 drawer dressers, that I’m gonna hack along with 2 wall sconces and I will DYI a large upholstered ottoman.
I’m sure if my hubby is reading this he is rolling his eyes. I figure this is a large room, and with 2 growing kids it’s nice to have a more space for all to enjoy.
Oh, and did I mention I want to try and do this for a $1000!
It is going to be a challenge, but I am going to give my self until the summer to have this complete.
Do you have any design challenges, that you need assistance with, I’d love to help you create a space you love.
Contact me for more info.
I will have some Project – Ensuite Evolution progress for you Monday!